Today something remarkable happen....
...my son decided to entertain himself!!!
Love it!!
He got the paint (I use the term very loosely here) out all by himself and was in the process of filling a cup for water when I stumbled upon him. I am very proud of myself because at that moment I could have very easily dissuade him from the activity but decided not to ... I just let him create. My busy little 2 1/2 year was occupied for 30 minutes, creating and painting! (something that he is very good at, but it always seemed destructive instead of consecutive if you get my drift!)
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
My husband stayed home from work sick today! YES!!! I love those days! Now before you judge me too harshly, he wasn't deathbed ill, just too contagious to go to work. (Don't you wish that moms could be too contagious to work sometimes?) I normally have to load and unload three of my children at least three times Tuesday through Thursday! Hate it with a relish! It's a blessing when someone is home to be able to watch the other two while I do preschool pickup and carpool!
Also today, a mighty blizzard ripped through our town an hour before I had to leave to do pickup. I hate, hate, hate driving in snow, especially in a blizzard! (Who doesn't?) I was complaining to myself when I remembered something from Elder Nelson's talk two weeks ago. He mentioned that we can pray anywhere, even with our eyes wide open. I immediately uttered a silent prayer in my head that the snow would at least stop falling. And you know what? For the space of time that I was doing pickup and carpool, it did! A mighty miracle in my book!


No comments:
Post a Comment