Daisies have a way of making me smile and remember summer! They look kind of wild looking but still beautiful and refined. Maybe that's why I love them....they are what I want to be! There's a part of me that wants to be crazy and free and wild! But I still want to be perceived as being beautiful and refined...clump me with a rose and I look like a little clump of weeds...BUT... by myself and individually, I am simply radiant! Judge me just for myself and you can see the beauty and refinement shining out! I also love the yellow centers that always draw your eye inward...maybe making me subconsciously reflect on my own center.
They remind me of the country...you know that place where cowboys roam and hicks are born...that's where I grew up! I loved it! There were things that I loathed about it and dreamed of getting to a "big" city someday where I didn't have to drive 15 minutes just to see friends or go to the store. But all these years later, a part of me longs for the country and the peacefulness and simplicity of it! (That's another soap box...heehee)
What's your flower? What do you perceive yourself to be?
You can be more then one...I have another favorite...but that's another blog post....
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
Today was one those days that you are just thankful when its over and you can start over on the next sunrise. Full of lots of discouragement, depression, and just plain self-pity! Nothing major happened (so all my family need not worry about me)...just having one of those no-good-awful-everything is wrong-bad days. I couldn't even tell you what was wrong if you had asked. We all been there and I'm thankful that I can crawl into bed and that "tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it..." to quote a favorite red-headed heroine and that because of the goodness of God I can start fresh tomorrow.

1 comment:
Nothing tops a daisy in my opinion!
Post a Comment