Something became very evident the other day.. there are definite stages of progression. I noticed it while my kids were coloring the other day. My two (almost three) year old colors like so (see above) in a swirly kind of motion. (His older brothers are always trying to blame him for the stick figures I found etched onto my walls and furniture...umm I don't think so!)
My 18 month old is still learning that crayons are for only paper and not for other surfaces....
And my five year has learned to hold the crayon in the proper position (like a pencil) and "attempts" to color within the lines (he's a little impatient still with the process....) It was just fascinating to see the different steps of development evident in a simple thing like coloring. (I'm amused easily...)
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
I came home from a long morning of running errands and shopping (not fun shopping by the way ...just my weekly grocery trip) and found that my house was relatively clean and all my children were dressed! I was so excited and yes, relieved to find this step in my day already completed. This enabled me to get a jump-start to the rest of my day and left me feeling not quite so overwhelmed with all the tasks that this particular Saturday involved.



No comments:
Post a Comment