Saturday, February 4, 2012

DAY 34-First Battle

I pushed up my sleeves and prepared for a fight and oh boy!!...did I get a fight!! It was touch and go for a while but I think that I made a small victory today in my fight against depending on technology for entertainment. 

We pulled out the old stand by! They have always been faithful warriors in the past and they did not let me down! 

They came out looking a little more haggard, a little more bent or broken, and a little less sharp but were victorious in combat!

Well done, faithful warriors...well done!! 


TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
I was given the privilege of taking a dinner into a dear friend of mine who was in a car accident this week. Her back was injured and it has been difficult for her to move about and accomplish all the things that we mothers must do. I counted it a tender mercy because of the joy that I received in seeing the excitement on the her kids' face when I brought in the Dominos box (I slaved all day in the kitchen....heehee), the relief that registered on her husband's face, and the appreciation that I saw on hers. Giving to others is such a blessing and a tender mercy that affects both parties. 

No comments: