It's time!
Time? For what?
Time to pull out the thermometer and fever reducer...sigh...
Why is that every time we plan a family activity that someone (or in my case at least three someones) "decide" to get sick? I totally believe its a choice on their part...they are trying to spoil my plans and make my life miserable...
okay...not really and if truth be told, my kids were more disappointed that the promised activity had been canceled then I was.
Swimming with four small children is ALWAYS a huge adventure that I kind of dread in a way that only a mom could. Changing into suits, hoping that no ones drowns, keeping track of all the most-have floaty toys, bathroom breaks in wet swimsuits, changing into dry clothes, wet swimsuits and towels that somehow always get forgotten about or lost, etc, etc...
umm...maybe I'm GLAD that my kids got sick after all...
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
As I was frantically gathering supplies for our spontaneous trip to my parents (see previous post), I had the thought to grab our traveling medicine bag. It has all the necessities...thermometer, children's medicines, pain killers, and Benadryl and whatever else we might need...I almost pushed the thought aside because we were only planning a day trip, but grabbed it anyways...better safe then sorry. Three of my kids woke up with fevers the next morning at my parents, where there is no children's anything. I'm thankful that I was prompted to grab the medicine bag so that I could take care of my children.
(To give credit where credit is due
...my husband also reminded me to grab the medicine bag...but I had already packed it at that point...)

No comments:
Post a Comment