Monday, February 27, 2012

DAY 56- My Nemesis


I have a love/hate relationship with my husband's iPhone. I love the picture quality and am often accused of "stealing..."  I considered it creatively borrowing it for the time being. 

The hate comes in that I kinda sorta jealous of Siri...the female voice thingie that comes with the phone. She is often found doing things for my husband that I once considered my duties. The little things that every wife does...reminders of appointments, birthdays, and such, answering of weird questions that I never really have the answer to you, setting of timers, or giver of phone numbers. I am no longer needed for theses things. In a way I am relieved beyond measure that I now have one less person to micromanage but ...I don't know what it is that bothers me..the computed female voice or the way she can handle it all! Sigh....

What do you do when you are jealous of a machine? 

It reached its height the other day when I heard my husband ask to be reminded about something the next day. Thinking it was talking to me, (my back was turned to him) I answered with a quip of "Hey honey...remember to..." It died on my lips when I spun around and  realized he was talking to HER! I was so embarrassed and that  is when it hit me! The distinct feeling of jealousy! 

I think that I will go find a brown paper bag somewhere and have fitted for my head. I've been told I like awesome in brown!


TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
My husband, the Hero, commented that he needed some pizza after seeing my pizza post! I was so excited that I had actually touched someone with my photo...if it was just because he was hungry! 



No comments: