Tonight was a big night!! My baby brother, the last born child, received his mission call!
He was so excited and was very, very, antsy as he waited for everyone to gather at "Headquarters." Finally the time arrived and he ripped open to the envelope and began to read the most anticipated sentence.
"Elder ____, you have been called to serve a mission in the ....."
.... Marshall Islands, Majuro Mission !
We were first stunned and unbelieving (my brother is notorious for playing tricks and pranks!) and then the energy erupted into excitement!
Congrats, Bro!! I'm so proud of you and all that you have done and accomplished!!
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
Today my baby boy climbed up on my lap and after a few moments of play, wrapped his short arms around my neck, hugged me, and then declared, "I love you, Mommy!!" My heart melted and tears sprang to my eyes! This is the first time (that my muddled mommy brain) can recall that he has said this to me! Just what I needed to hear today!! Maybe, just maybe, my children really do love me!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment