Thursday, February 2, 2012

DAY 32- Another

Another year...Another candle (a whole box plus some...no need to say how many more)...another cake...another gift...another day.. SURVIVAL! 
Maybe not so much survival but endurance....we are given so many "anothers" to help us remember the opportunity we have for growth and learning. I have had so many anothers this last year...another time-out...another doctor appointment...another diaper...another load of laundry... 
and what has it taught me....
to find the small things in life that are true joys!
another smile...another giggle...another sunrise...another bedtime (my favorite)...another day to start over!


Remember that cream-of-the-crop husband that I have...he has done it again! Upon discovering my suppose-hidden love for basketball, he arranged for us to attend a basketball game on my birthday...a high school basketball game....but in our small town, we take what we get! It was awesome!! I loved it! The sound of the crowd cheering and booing, the pep band playing the same songs that have been played for decades...(at least one in my case), the referees calling invisible fouls....music to my heart!! I hope to be able to talk him into more....might need to invest in some of those bleacher seat thingies though ...as I mentioned above...I'm getting a little old...hard to sit on plastic bleachers for over an hour!





TENDER MERCY MOMENT:

So many people wished me happy birthday today...it made my heart light and happy!! Thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday and gave me strength to "endure" another year. What a blessing to feel so much love from such simple words!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, how fun! What a sweet husband! I'm glad you had a fantastic birthday -- you deserve it. :-)