Monday, February 6, 2012

DAY 37- Blue and Gold


My mom asked me to design an invitation for her ward's Blue & Gold Scouting Banquet. I was way excited about it until I had to actually sit down and do it. I came up blank.... All I could think of was blue and yellow crepe paper covered tables and scout shirts. This is what I came up with after spending an hour designing a completely different look. The background is a photo that I took a long time ago and thought that it went with the theme. 


This one is the final product and the one that I liked the most. I drew my inspiration from the crepe paper colors that always cover all the tables. (My kids were really confused...they couldn't figure out why I had yellow on it when it clearly states that its a blue and GOLD....) My very first attempt was very similar to this but lacked something...I added the plates, forks, and spoons, and BAM...it was done!

My mom is still in the decision making process. Want to sway her vote? Which one do you like the most?



 TENDER MERCY MOMENT:

My dear friend who happens to be my son's amazing preschool teacher welcomed my niece into her classroom for the day at no extra charge to me or her parents. My sister-in-law was injured in a car accident and was told to stay laying down for a few days. I offered to babysit for her and was delighted when my friend said that she could attend school for the day. My niece would have been stuck at home with only me as entertainment. My children insist that I am not very good entertainment so this was a much better alternative. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady, there are a ton of new posts!

And both announcements are great -- good job! :-)