It always amazes me how much love I feel for my kids. I see this picture of my daughter that I snapped as I getting my settings ready for a photo shoot, and it makes my heart melt and love almost overwhelms me. One minute I can be at my wits end with one of my children and ready to sell them to the next available circus and then in a flash, I couldn't imagine my life without them.
Love is something that is both so complicated and simplistic. It's hard to explain what the feeling really is, until you put a name to it and then it simply because love.
I'm so thankful to have these little reminders of love in my life and for the adventure that they provide for me.
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
(May 17)
I have a nice little babysitting exchange going with one of my sisters-in-laws. We both have had weekly doctor visits due to different injuries and so instead of suffering through them with our children, we trade off days. It has been a blessing to me so that I can actually concentrate on what the doctor is saying and my husband doesn't have to use sick time to watch them. Tonight was my turn to babysit for her. Her appointment ran long and so Hero offered to feed her children. I panicked (like the worry wart that I am) because I had marinated chicken for the grill and I was convinced that there was not going to be enough to feed 8 children and two adults, even though I added extra when I had began the marinade. I was humbled after dinner was over and there was not only 10 full bellies but leftover chicken as well. A simple thing but amazing to me as well.

1 comment:
She is soooo sweet. And what beautiful thoughts on the meaning of love.
Post a Comment