Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DAY 116- A Hidden Talent


After graduating from college, I felt that I needed something to keep me busy (since having two rambunctious boys wasn't enough...haha.) For some reason that escapes me, I chose balloon twisting.  My kids have loved my new "talent" and I love to watch the excitement on their faces when I'm twisting them a hat, animal, sword, or if I'm feeling really generous all three!

He really is thrilled with his animal...not sure why he's not smiling!

Now, my talent isn't all that developed! I know enough to impress a bunch of five-year-olds that attend my kids birthdays, but that's about all. And it does help pass the time for my kids! They played with these all afternoon and later into the night! Well worth the ten minutes it took to twist them into shape!

TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
(April 27)

Tonight a dear friend that I haven't seen in months stopped by with a much needed reprieve...my OWN box of chocolates! She knows me too well! She had read on Facebook about the trouble I was having a week or two ago (before  the accident) and decided to stop in to show me that she was thinking of me! It meant so much to me to know that others are thinking of me! Thanks, Jen! We really need to get together soon for a much needed catch up! 

Today I also received a text from another dear friend checking in on me! I so needed to know that I was being thought of!  Thanks, Sara for lifting me and getting me through the rest of the day! 

I also got to see the play "The Foreigner" tonight with my Hero! I laughed so hard that all the tension from the last week completely lifted! Thanks, Sweetheart! 
And a big thanks to Valerie for babysitting!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your balloon creations are so fun!