Monday, January 30, 2012

DAY 30-How I Plan to Fight Technology

I love to read! Its one of my favorite past times. I have long hoped that I would instill this love into my children. I think that I have partly succeeded but still might have a fight on my hands. The pull of technology is often my biggest foe. They would rather be playing a game on the computer or IPad then burying their noses in a book. 


 I know that's partly my fault for not encouraging more reading time and I resolve here and now to "strongly encourage" my children to read instead giving into the easier entertainer of technology.




TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
Today my amazing and sweet visiting teachers came! I love it when they come! I love the Spirit they bring with them and for their willingness to seek and find ways to help me...even if its listening to me rant and rave about little troubles that pop up in life. Visiting teaching has often saved me on a day when I have felt lost and discouraged. I am so thankful for this inspired program and count it a tender mercy every time my visiting teachers come for a visit. 




(Blogger must be having a brain cramp because it won't align my text right....sigh.... gotta love technology!)



1 comment:

Corinne Hoyt said...

You are so sweet! I love coming to visit teach you and listening to your ranting and raving! :) We all have troubles in life and need someone to talk to about them. Here is to another year as your visiting teaching! :)