Sunday, January 22, 2012

DAY 21- Rain on Window

As the rain hit against my window, I found myself intrigued by patterns that were created as they splattered. It was interesting that near the top of the window it looked like this (see above) but near the bottom it looked like this (see below.) 

I'm sure that there is a scientific reason but I never was very scientific! Any takers? 

I had to switch to manual focus which was the first ever for me! Considering it was my first focusing by myself, I think that I did a pretty good job! (Patting myself on the back....I have a pretty long arms!)

My least favorite of the batch..
.I didn't it focus it right but I kind of liked the "soft" focus look I got. Yeah...I totally did that on purpose...wink...wink..

This one was my favorite because it looked the most like rain. I love the rain! Its so refreshing and renewing! Makes me think of things growing and sprouting! (Yeah, I know... I'm optimistic! So what if its January?)

TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
I know it may seem trivial to some but today when I was grocery shopping I bought two loaves of french bread for dinner instead of two. (I was making this awesome recipe.) I don't know why I did, I just did. Turns out that my brother and his family plus my baby brother joined my family for dinner. If I had only bought the one loaf,  I would not have had enough to fill everyone's bellies and still have some to send home with them.
 (They are all poor college students and I know it helps to have a two free meals come from one.)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I like that last one too! I like using manual focus for stuff like this (stationary, landscape, random objects). I don't use it all the time just when I don't like what auto focus is doing. Good job!