Today as I was walking in my high heel boots and my feet began to ache, I wondered again why I was doing this to myself. Why do I feel the need to wear something that causes me a small amount of pain? As I was looking through my pictures, it finally made sense. It's the need to feel fashionable and to have the luxury of warm feet in the dead of winter.
My husband and I traveled to Virginia City, Montana for our anniversary last summer. Someone was offering a stagecoach tour where you actually got to ride in a stagecoach. I couldn't pass this up so we climbed abroad and bounced and rattled our way in the what was once considered the "lap of luxury." It was fantastic! I absolutely loved it but was abhorred that they once fit up to 8 people in what I would think would only hold 4. I am so glad that our "luxury" vehicles are so much more accommodating!
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
I read an article in one of our church magazines this morning about not looking sideways for approval but looking heavenward. A small concept but one that I desperately needed to hear. I tend to compare myself (whether that be myself or my children) to everyone around and worry about what others "maybe" thinking of me. But if I will only look heavenwards, it will encourage and help me to do the best that I can.
Also the family that sat in front of us in sacrament meeting, entertained one of my sons for most of the meeting! It amazes me how much easier it is to listen and feel the spirit when I only have three children to worry about!
One more...my family and I were traveling back from visiting a relative when we came upon a truck that had hit what appeared to be a cow. It had taken my family a while to load up and to run an errand afterward visiting. If we hadn't ran that errand, it might have been us that had hit the cow! It would have caused much more damage to our vehicle then the one that had been involved.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, that stagecoach ride sounds so fun! And pretty boot shot, too.
Post a Comment