Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DAY 11-Foundations

One of my amazing sisters-in-law is doing a photo project that requires her to shoot from a theme for a week. Her theme this week was capturing the essence of her home...this has made me ponder my own home and how I would capture it. 

This was re-emphasized when one of my sons built this beautiful tower. At first I just wanted to capture the tower and the amazing colors. But now that I have thought about it, it makes me think of the foundations that I am laying. Are they sturdy and can withstand the harsh winds and giants that march through the land or are they flimsy and topple at the first shaking of trouble?

I then saw this on my counter and it made me think of again of foundations and what is holding my home together. Nothing spells home and childhood more then peanut butter and jelly! I hope the things I'm teaching my kids will stick with them longer then the sandwiches that I fill their bellies with.



Thanks Nancy for inspiring me and getting me to think more about what my home is made of! 
You can look at her blog here. 

 TENDER MERCY MOMENT
I was able to attend a Relief Society meeting tonight and was able to relax and enjoy being with other sisters! Sometimes we just need other women in our lives and tonight I came home feeling renewed and energized! Just what I needed to get me through the rest of the week!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great "foundations" pics. And I love PB&J, definitely a fav. :-)