I know that you have all been dying to know what I did to help my kids sit still through conference...
I was browsing Pinterest one day when I stumbled upon the idea of Conference bags.
Pure GENIUS!!
My kids loved this and so do I! I was able to actually sit and listen to conference. The concept is that you have an activity or treat in 15 bags...one for each of the apostles and members of the First Presidency. (We opened up Elder Bednar's after the Priesthood session.) The hardest part was coming up with 15 ideas but once that was done, I just threw them together and waited...and so did my kids. With every speaker, they would stop and check to see if they matched a picture on one of the bags. In between talks, we pulled out kinex and legos to help them stay still. I totally loved this idea and will be doing it again!
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
After 10 days of only having half a dishwasher, I am totally thrilled to report that I have a new and improved one installed by none other then my Hero! I was so proud of him for sticking with it, even though he was ready to throw in the towel many times! We rewarded our hero by going out to dinner, complete with play yard. So two mercies for me today...a working dishwasher and not having to do dinner!!

1 comment:
How awesome, I'm totally gonna have to use that idea!
Post a Comment