Monday, April 16, 2012

DAY 103- Being the First


Being the firstborn aka the oldest out of my siblings has been both a blessing and curse for me. Sometimes (not often...don't worry Mom I'm not scarred) I felt that I was unnecessarily punished or pushed to set the proper example for my siblings. But with the bad comes the good! Being the oldest I was given my own room and four little slaves that I could boss around to my heart's content! Who could ask for more?!  I have had ample babysitters whenever I visited home. I hardly had to give my children a second thought because they were being shown so much love by their uncles and aunt. And I have been able to attend all their weddings and endowment sessions! 

Truly great blessings! 


TENDER MERCY MOMENT:

My oldest son went grocery shopping with me and kept reminding me that I was not to push the cart (my knee again). That was his job! It made me laugh every time he said it, but also made me feel loved that he cared enough to not so gently reminded me.  He was also there to bend down and reach the items that I needed!  
Also what I thought would be a really late night, waiting up for a teenager, turned into a much earlier night then I expected!! Truly a mercy when you have 8:30 church on the horizon! 

2 comments:

Anthony Tietjen said...

Awesome photo! Good work! I love you!

Michelle said...

Wow. Simple and gorgeous.