Monday, April 30, 2012

DAY 111-The Simple Things

I just loved the contrasting colors! They totally grabbed my attention and set my trigger finger to itchin'! Thanks for letting me steal your phone again, Sweetie!

After church on Sunday, we felt that we all needed a little break from routine! The weather was super nice and was going to be one of the last good days for a while so we loaded up our lunch (which had been so graciously provided by someone else the day before) and went to find a park. We chose a small one close to home that we had never been too. It only have a swing set, slide, and a merry go around. 
Our kids were in heaven!

 Guess it really doesn't take much to have fun! 
Lesson learned! 


TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
(April 22)
I mentioned yesterday about the guilt that I felt was starting to consuming me. Most of it stemmed from embarrassment of getting into the accident but also because of how much it would financially cost my family.  We had just spent $435 on new brakes and routers the previous Saturday. I just had the oil changed.  We didn't have the ready funds to buy a new van (who does right?), and the list goes on.
 Everyone has been so nice; telling me that similar things that had happened to them, but the anger and guilt just kept building. I finally unleashed on my mother, who kindly pointed out that I needed to forgive myself and see the miracles that had happened! Being filled with guilt and anger was making it impossible for me to feel the Spirit. Once I began that process, I felt the overwhelming love of my Father in Heaven, telling me it was all right and that I hadn't messed up His eternal plan for me by making one mistake. It was beautiful and so comforting! 
But I still cling to a little of the anger and guilt, until after church when my neighbor stopped me and was asking how I was. I don't know why, but I told her exactly how I was feeling...the guilt and the anger..everything. I told her how I needed someone to yell at me and she calmly and wisely said, "Why?" I proceed to try and explain and she simply shook her head. 

That's all that I needed to finally begin to fully forgive myself. Such a small thing!

No comments: