As I was hobbling around my backyard, trying to chase my kids into the house to start another rousing turn of the dreaded homework/chores/dinner prep hour, I noticed these! They literally took my breath away! Such a small thing but they stopped me in my tracks and me re-think. I "hurriedly" hobbled into the house to get my camera and then spent the next fifteen minutes capturing this simple beauty while my children took advantage of my distraction to enjoy the outdoors and freedom.
These small little buds, so full of life, are literally bursting to grow up and fill their potential. Part of me wanted to shout at them to stay little buds forever and to not burst open to a flower that will later become a cherry that will eventually find its way into my children's mouths, sadly ending its life for this season.
Someday my children will not need me to chase them to do the things that are required of them. They will grow up and burst forth into adulthood. I hope that I can find the ways to end their "bud" stage as long as possible!
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
I made it to 100 days!!!
Thank you to everyone that has commented and has encouraged me not to give up! Everyone of your comments has stuck with me and encourages me to find the good in my day!

No comments:
Post a Comment