Growing up we had certain traditions that had to be followed or else face the penalty of death.!
...at least that's what it felt like...
At Thanksgiving we had the story of the farmer and the Indians that came with pictures that would turn into a turkey as the story progressed...
Valentines Day there was also a small box of chocolates...
Easter was the 12 mystery eggs....
Mystery because no matter how many times we did it, it was new the next year!
I have started the Easter Eggs tradition with my family but put a new twist on it. (And yes, I did come up with it on my own and didn't see it on pinterest! hmp!) Instead of doing each egg during a family home evening, (cruel and unusual punishment in my husband's eyes..), I decided to do a kind of advent calendar with them, starting 12 days before Easter. We used it as our scripture reading for the night. I loved the results of it last year because it gave my children a sense of what Easter was and that it wasn't about a certain bunny!
Here's to another great year!
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
I attended a play tonight with my Relief Society book club! It was so fun to get out and enjoy the company of women after a long week. My wonderful Hero stayed home with the offspring and gladly agreed to go see with me on Friday. Two nights out (even if one hasn't happen yet) is a small miracle is this busy mom's schedule!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment