Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DAY 85-Sculpting


There is just something magnetic about a huge pile of wet dirt!

My children seem to find it where they go! I spend the summer sweeping up dirt and chasing muddy-handed kids out of my kitchen. The clean freak in me cringes every time the pull begins.

 For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about the signs are 1) muddy hands that manage to place themselves on windows, doors, and counter tops 2) suspicious looking mud shaped footprints 3) the sound of water running and the the hurrying of footsteps out the door (sneaking water) 4) mud ball becoming projectiles that somehow fling themselves through the air and splat either on the window or a sibling's head.

My clean freak inner self is often shoved down by the lazy self who is extremely happy that her children are playing together, making memories, and secretly wishes she could be outside with them.

TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
My dear sweet sister-in-law offered to watch my children while I went in for yet another knee appointment. I was half tempted to cancel with her and just take them with me because I was sure that the appointment would be a quick one. Turned out that I was wrong and what I thought would be a 20 minute visit turned into a hour after I received two different treatments to try and help ease the pain in the knee. 

A friend called later in the day and asked if her daughter could come and play for an hour. This allowed me time to finish a project that had to be done by tonight! Thank You!

No comments: