This is from the batch of photos that I took while in Virginia City last summer. As I was flipping through trying to find something to edit (I have been sorely neglecting my camera lately...), this one caught me eye. At first glance I was excited by its possibilities but then felt disappointed when I noticed the cars in the reflection of the glass. Just as I was about to close the image,I had the thought that it was the merging of the old with the new. It made me think of what this old window must have seen in its day. First, the coming of all the settlers and miners to his surface to gaze at the contents within, the coming of a train, the decline of the town, and then finally a renewal of life through modern day tourism.
Truly amazing!
TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
Today I took my son to the dentist to not have one cavity filled but three! (And we get to go again to get another two...sigh...) I always get a little anxious about taking him in for cavities. How is he going to react? Is he going to scream and kick until the "happy" gas kicks in? What will my other children be doing while I'm helping hold down the other? So you can imagine my shock, that after calling his name, he followed the nurse happily, skipping in fact and climbed right up into the chair! I was truly shocked and thankful! The dentist later informed me that he had fallen asleep before he filled the cavities! That must be something magical about that happy gas!
I was also reminded today that in order to teach my children about the importance of hard work, they first must see ME doing hard work. The puppy that we got has turned out to be lots of hard work and most of it mine! I was ready to throw in the towel until I was softly prompted that this was an opportunity to be an example to my children of how hard work is actually a blessing and that I couldn't give up so easily just because it was hard.

1 comment:
Wow you got a puppy? Good luck, they are hard for the first while but they get easier as they get trained.
Post a Comment