Monday, March 19, 2012

DAY 76-Amazing Settlers


Have you ever had one of those moments when you realized that you born in the right century/time period? I do every time that we take a drive out of our small town. Within minutes of driving, we come up acres and acres of this stuff....sagebrush! I look upon it with disdain and wonder how the settlers that first came here, didn't just up and leave...there isn't a tree within miles and the stony, hard ground looks more then unfit for farming...but they did it! They built sod huts because that's all there was and they managed to do, what I would consider to be, the impossible! Thank you wonderful settlers for not giving up..when I'm sure that I just might have! 


TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
For months I felt the unquenchable desire to have a dog for my kids to play with and to learn responsibility from. I have searched high and low for the perfect dog. I wasn't too picky about what we had but my Hero had another ideas...he was quite specific about the type that he wanted. So when I saw the ad, I knew that it was the only dog that my Hero would go for...and go for it he did. So here's to new dog ownership! Wish me luck..I'm going to need it!

No comments: